Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

One final down, two to go

This has been my *lite* semester. The only class I really needed was Advanced Human Physiology, so I filled in with Medical Terms and Medical Law. I'm sure I got 100% on my Med Terms, and will also do that in Med Law. I've got an A in Physiology, and if I make a 70 on my comprehensive final, I'll keep the A. If I don't show up, I'll have a B, so I'm not stressing on this too much. As far as classes, I'm waiting for the hammer to fall. It's been less difficult than I thought it would be. I started this at a university in Texas. I took Anatomy I and Gen/Biochemistry there, and really didn't have any trouble (A's in both classes). Since this is a return to college, I only need the science prereqs since I long ago took the general ed classes. That keeps the hours down to 10-11 per semester. When I got here last semester, I found the local university is having a lot of trouble keeping their accreditation, and a neighbor who is a nursing supv. with a local hospital told me to go to the community college here, because they prefer to hire those graduates. Since my goal is a BSN, I'll have to finish this with an ASN, and go online to transition. The classes, while not easier course material, are easier due to the profs kind of holding your hand through the process. The BSN program is a lot easier to get into (no waiting list for qualified applicants) vs. 150-300 apps for the 30 students PER YEAR accepted at the community college. Talking to a student in my physiology class who is already in the nursing program, the hammer will crash down when the nursing classes start. She's like me. We both can memorize reams of crap and let it spew on a test, then just forget it and go on about our business. She said you really have to use a lot of reasoning in the nursing course tests. She's got the highest grade (98%) in physiology, but only an 80% in the nursing program. That tells me I'm not nearly as smart as I wish I was. Of course, the real trauma, is wearing white pants. What?!?! My ass in white pants? I don't think so. That's how badly I want to do this. Anybody have any suggestion on how to minimize the butt factor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home