Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Monday, May 01, 2006

The never ending winter

I've never lived outside the south until now. When I got here late last summer, this place was scorching hot, and so humid it would suck the life out of me when I went outside. The locals would smirk and say to wait, that it isn't always like that. No shit. It's freaking cold every day. I'm sitting here on the 1st day of May and it's like 45 degrees outside and the heat is on. In Texas, I would have had the air on since February. Maybe earlier depending on hot flashes. I'd welcome a hot flash right now. My blood is too thin for this. Plus, it rains like it's Portland or Seattle or something. Drizzling all of the time. I've got finals this week, and it sucks outside. If I don't do well because I'm too unmotivated by my Seasonal Disorder shit, I'm going to hate this place worse than I do. The final today is so easy, it won't matter anyway. My last lecture in Physiology is today. It's on reproduction. Since I've actually reproduced , I figure I've got an edge on that. My last class will be on Wednesday. Proof there is a God.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger HypnoKitten said...

I put a link to you from Mediblogopathy. Feel free to grab a NurseBlogs logo if you'd like. Good luck on the SAD - I read a great book called "When Your Body Gets The Blues" which you probably would love. It's written by a nurse and has a lot of great info on beating SAD.

I put you under pre-reqs until you actually start nursing school. Will that be in the fall?

-HK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home