Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

They didn't get what they deserved

No school or sun or sick talk today. I just read those lying, cheating, sacks of shit from Enron were found guilty (no kidding). Rather than a prison term, I'd prefer that they have to spend the rest of their lives living on the $1500.00 per month from social security that the retirees of Enron will get for the rest of their lives. This is a life sentence. They would never be allowed to earn more than that no matter what, and cannot be subsidized by anyone. They just have to live off of the social security check. Sure, they get medicare, but they'll make JUST enough to not be able to qualify for any assistance. They can't have a paid off house or car. If they want those things, they'll have to figure it out how to pay for them like everyone else who found themselves out of work and money because they were forced to buy Enron stock for their retirement fund while those two pieces of shit sold it as fast as they could so they wouldn't get stuck with it. I want them to know what it's like to have to decide whether to eat, or pay for medicine. I want them to know what it's like to not have the money to pay a vet if your dog is sick. I want them to know what it's like to be one check away from the street. And if they get sick, to have to live in a medicare paid nursing home because that's the only option. Prison takes away the choices poor have to make. Now they can just feel sorry for themselves and think they got railroaded. They make me sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home