My motivation is slip-slidin' away
School is a big, fat booger. Seriously. I made a 90% for my final clinical grade in Psych. I've NEVER made a B in clinicals before...EVER!!! Theory, yes...clinical, no. The rationale is that no one is perfect, so an outstanding is unattainable. WTF?? How could I not even get a 10 on attendance since I was never late and never missed a day? Huh??? I really like the clinical instructor, and I know she means well, but whatever.
On to Med Surg. I'm glad to be back and I definitely am glad to be back on a regular hospital floor. The recruitment is in full force, so everyone except for some of the bitch nurses on the floor are super nice. People who aren't interested in what they are doing need to find another job. That's ok when you're the stocker at WalMart, but totally unacceptable when you are a nurse. There is nothing that pisses me off more than to answer a call light and a patient (HELLO..can anyone say customer) has a problem and when I report it to their nurse, just get the eye roll. Really pisses me off... bad...really bad. Please don't ever let me get like that. I know some patients are bigger pains than others, but I hope I never get to the point when I won't listen to them just because they aren't my favorite. Most of the time, they probably are just whiny, but what if it's that one in a thousand time that someone is crashing and the nurse just does the eye roll and says she'll get to it and then continues to sit on her ass. Like they're an imposition. Please...
Also, since I am a shameless celebrity whore, what is up with that nutball, Britney Spears? Can anyone say, "All wheels off!" Do you think she is an addict, self absorbed, or crazy? I just can't stop reading about the train wreck of her life. Holy shit!
Anyway, all is well at school, even if I meant it about the big, fat booger. Classes are going fine and I only have 69 days left. For those wondering, the boy is still clean but is flaking out around the edges a little bit. He left the sober living house and has been searching for a job and sleeping in a friends basement. He wondered if the fact that his clothes haven't been washed has anything to do with the not having any luck getting hired thing. He refuses to go back to the house, so I found a place for him to stay this week and gave him enough money to ride the bus and wash clothes until a bed opens up in a different place. He is still at therapy and AA meetings and still in touch with his sponsor most days. Baby steps I guess.

3 Comments:
YAY for 69 days!! I'm so ready to be out on my own. I think I'm with you on floating, though I'm still not sure where. Glad to see your update. Been wondering about ya!!
I'm with you on the call light thing. That is why I could never get my work done when I was on the floor. I can not ignore a call light - even if it's not my patient. So, I'd answer everyone else's call lights while they ignored them.
I am so happy I'm not on the floor anymore.
And, the Office was so funny. Poor Sprinkles!!
my motivation slipped a long time ago...*sigh*
and I have to agree, nursing school, sucks the big one right now! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home