Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's REALLY early....

So what am I doing up at 4:19 in the morning? Do you mean what was I doing up at 3:00 in the morning? The paper said there would be fireworks in a local park last night. I knew I had a few things left to do for the care plan (that is worth 25% of my clinical grade), but decided to see fireworks anyway and get up early and finish up (but not THIS early). It was a scam and the fireworks are actually tonight, but we met some friends and ate dinner and went to find out fireworks weren't there. That means I didn't get through eating until about 9:00. I know better than that. I have reflux really badly, and I know not to eat late and then go to bed, but I did it anyway. At 2:45 this morning I was throwing up like crazy. Gross. On the good side, I am doing a bang up job on the care plan since I have so much time before clinical today. I took my ATI tests yesterday. The great part is that I don't have to remediate (take them again at home and score a minimum of 90%). My scores were high enough to avoid that. The test also said that I exceed the minimum standard to pass the NCLEX and that someone with my score would be expected to pass it with 93% certainty. So far I've done well on the ATI every semester, so maybe with only Advanced Med Surg/Psych to go, I may actually be a REGISTERED nurse someday!

5 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jenn Siva said...

You are getting toward the end!!! Will this be your last semester of care plans? If I never see a care plan again it will be too early!!!!

Just one more semester.... go you.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to definitely be an RN someday soon!
And a great one at that!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

Yay, you!!! You're rounding the bend toward Finish.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

ATI sucks!! We have to do them too! I've only had to remediate one semester. Glad to hear you are doing so good in summer school. Almost finished. Registered Nursing here we come!!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Prisca: said...

maybe we will all make it after all? glad to see you are doing so well and hope you don't have that yuckiness again any time soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home