Racing for the finish line
Summer school is almost over. I take my last regular test in OB today. Had my last regular test in Peds yesterday. I've done all my papers and only have an oral report left for clinicals. I'll end up with a B in theory and an A in clinicals. I'm happy with that. Finals next week, and then free for three weeks. I'm leaving after my last final for a week in Arkansas at the lake house with my family. Then to Nashville to see my son. Then to Oklahoma where I'll pick my husband up at the airport and we'll spend a couple of days with the in-laws and have our dental work done (my FIL is our dentist). Then to Texas to spend a couple of days with our best friends and their kids. Then home with a stop off in Tunica (gambling)/Memphis. That will give me a week to do nothing but lay around the house and do nothing before fall semester. At that point, it will be 16 weeks until my RN program is OVER!!! I will still have 30 hours of nursing theory to do before my "real" graduation, but since we get all of the state mandated class and clinical time up front, I can sit for the NCLEX and be working as a nurse that last year. I can also do the theory classes online, but I don't know if I will since I tend to put things off until the last minute, and really need to be in a classroom to discipline myself. We're going to lose a few people. OB was a hard ass bitch and you have to pass both classes in order to go on. You can't just average a good grade in Peds into the OB part to get the 75% required to go on to Advanced Med/Surg. This is in addition to the 2 people already gone. They can retake these classes once, so all is not lost for them, but thank God that isn't me. I don't know what I would do if I had to retake something. I'm starting to actually let myself get a little bit excited.

3 Comments:
Wow! Congratulations in advance! I got here thru http://mediblogopathy.blogspot.com/
I'm also a nursing student on my 3rd semester out of 4 :)
You can smell the barn from here, can't you? Enjoy those three weeks off - you deserve them.
CONGRATS!!! We are almost done.....
Post a Comment
<< Home