Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Friday, November 02, 2007

The Search Begins!

I did it. I applied for my first job. Actually, for now, it's the only application I'll be submitting since I have my heart set on a specific hospital. The pay is pretty good for a small town, and I'm not willing to drive 75 miles one-way for a couple of dollars more an hour. The benefits are really good, and the patient to nurse ratio is doable. I hope they jump at me, because I'm one of the very few who doesn't care what days, or what hours. Heck, I don't even care what floor. That's why I applied for a float position. That way I won't get stuck somewhere and find out down the line that I made a mistake. It will also give me time to become a competent nurse with a lot of experience doing a lot of different things. I'm so excited. It really feels real now.

As for school, all is well. I have done well on all tests so far and only have three more to take. I only have a care plan and nutrition paper to do and all the assignments will be completed. I'm doing a lot of practice questions for the boards, and am FINALLY seeing a light at the end of the tunnel for this RN journey. The only fly in the ointment, is that I'm leaving the BSN program I'm scheduled to begin in January, and transferring to a different school. It doesn't affect my eligibility to sit for the boards. This will delay things about 6 months, but is a lot more organized than the one I'm currently in. I've seen one too many people think they've gotten everything done for graduation (because their advisor's told them so), and then come back with, "oops!, my bad, you have to take one more class." I also can get out of statistics and a foreign language this way. I'm good with that!

I hope my next post says I'm an EMPLOYED nurse!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Prisca: said...

congrats-we are almost there!

yes, i have applied and gotten my "dream job" that starts Jan 7th! best wishes on the job hunt...

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

So exciting isn't it! I'm just ready to be finished. I'm past that point! I'm sure my posts reflect that, though! Can't wait to hear that you have a job!! :)

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

Wow! Where did this semester go to? I hope you get the job you want. Too bad it's not in Texas, closer to me...

So excited for you, HSN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home