I'm a sloth
When I read the posts from Student Nurse Jack, or Betty, or Student Nurse Hell, or any of the thousands of others, I want to crawl in a hole and cover my head in shame, except I'm too lazy to do it. Everyone is taking summer classes, and reading, and studying, have spouses and children to deal with, and some are working a full time job to boot. I get up when one of the cats finally has had enough, jumps on the bed, and bites me. I put on the dirty shorts that are lying on the floor where I dumped them on my way to bed the night before. I come downstairs and feed the biting little ingrates, make coffee, pee, and let the dogs out in the back yard. Then it's a thrill filled morning of two newpapers, The Today Show, ER reruns, and let the dogs back in. I then take a bath. Showers are for people with something productive to do. I live in an old house with a big old cast iron bath, and I soak in it for about 30-45 minutes. Now it's noon, and I put on clean shorts and Tshirt (I'm pretty much done with bras for the summer). I'll then go outside with a book. I do weed and deadhead the flower garden and turn the soaker hoses on, and then I lay out for the next couple of hours and read. If the weather is bad (50/50 chance), I'll lay on the couch and read. This is popular fiction, not anything I might actually learn something. On Friday, my People magazine will be in the mailbox, so I do deviate on Friday. Through the day, I might vacuum, and I'll always clean the kitchen up (my pet peeve...dirty kitchens and dirty dishes). Then at 4:00, it's Oprah followed by Dr. Phil. Then it's HGTV for all of the home shows. I'll make dinner about 7:00 and I do usually cook. After the kitchen is clean, then I lay like a big slug on the couch or on the computer until bedtime. Those are my days. In the past week, I've had to do laundry since my husband can't, but he's better now, and that's his job. I hate doing laundry. The only thing I've had to do this week is to go to court for a child advocate case. I am the special advocate for kids who've been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect, and are placed in foster care. I do spend a few hours a week at visitations for this, but it's just a few hours. So was I ready in court with my report for the judge even though I've had nothing else to do? No, luckily my supv called and mentioned it, and I threw on a skirt an sandels and put on some mascara and brushed my hair and flew out the door. I acted shocked that I didn't have my report with me SINCE I DIDN'T DO IT!!! It didn't matter since this was a routine hearing, but I'm starting a new leaf. No more of this. Ok, maybe not today. It's the weekend, but Monday for sure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home