Gimme a Break
Everything has been so sad for my husband and I for the last couple of weeks, that I need to talk about the good news too. I ended the semester with two A's and two B's. One of the B's was in Pharmacology which is only a two hour class, so I'll keep my GPA up. It's so hard going from a 4.0 student to getting B's, but I'm going to have to let that go. Everyone in my class will continue on next semester, and that's awesome, but a few failed Pharm. The only reason they'll get to continue, is because the schedule worked out so that they can take it again next semester. These are the same students who barely made it in the other classes by the skin of their teeth. I don't know how they'll handle it next semester when things are going to get a lot harder and faster paced. Some of these are kids who are newly married, working full time, and trying to take some prereqs they didn't get done. I don't know how they do it at all. Everyone in the class would do anything we could to help them, but the weird thing is, they don't ask. Maybe they're just too overwhelmed, but I think finals were a big wake up call. I'm excited to start the new semester, and hope I do really well. I love the clinical instructor I got, and the Med/Surg instructor is really good. I think it's going to be a fun year.

11 Comments:
Congrats on your grades!! That's awesome!! Enjoy your break.
I'm so sorry you had to let you old girl go. I know how hard that must have been. Life hasn't been fair to you or a lot of others lately. Try to relax and enjoy yourself some this break!!
Great job on the grades! I know what you mean about gonig from a 4.0 to getting B's. I got a B in Micro and was disappointed but well, I did my best. Some stuff is just hard. Enjoy your break and good luck next semester!
Great job on the grades! I know what you mean about gonig from a 4.0 to getting B's. I got a B in Micro and was disappointed but well, I did my best. Some stuff is just hard. Enjoy your break and good luck next semester!
Yeah, B's suck. But, from what I am told over and over, they are good, too. So congrats! ;)
Congrats on the grades. You seem to be adopting a more realistic approach to the grade situation.
Enjoy your holiday break!
Um, I am nuts about school, but you are already looking foward to it... FREAK!
Good job on another successful semester of nursing school. And letting go of grades is somethinge every nursing student faces.
Sorry things have been shitty over at casa hoosier. Hopefully a new year brings new hope.
And as far as the people barely making it, who dont have all their prereqs done. I have little sympathy for most of them. The ones in my class do not just have a hard time, they make their time hard. If I ever hear "who studies on weekends?!!!!" again from someone who is barely skating by, I might just scream.
congratulations! enjoy your time off. now you're really going to get in the thick of things.
W. :)
Way to go on the grades! You deserve a break, for sure. I hope you get some R&R in and enjoy the downtime. Things will crank up way too soon.
I'm sorry you have had so much sadness lately. I can't believe you lost them both so close together. You have my sincerest sympathies, HSN. Many hugs to you.
I totally just tried to leave you a message and this whole blogger now Google thing threw me off.
What I tried to say earlier was CONGRATS on your grades. Bs in nursing = A+ in everything else.
Missing you.. hope all is ok.
Post a Comment
<< Home