No, I'm not all that.
Well, I got my balloon burst. Even though I outwardly said, "Oh, I'm worried about how I did on that test or this test.", inwardly, I didn't really sweat it because I haven't failed anything in such a long time, it didn't seem like that was an option. Well, it is a very, very real option, because I failed my first test. Not barely...oh no...hugely. It was an impressive failure. I made a 64 on a test over electrolytes, fluid balance. My grade in that class plummeted from a 94% to an 89% in one large thunk. This can be made up. We have two more regular tests plus the final, but it was a shock nevertheless. It happened two days ago, and I can't stop thinking about it. Did I study hard? No, to be honest, I didn't study crap, but since I've had all of that stuff in biochemistry, A&P, and Advanced Physiology, I didn't really think I needed to kill myself this time. Wrong assumption. I hang my head in shame, and will, on all future tests, take nothing for granted. I'll study for the rest as hard as I did for the first one. I just cannot believe how bad I stunk that one up!

3 Comments:
Awwww. I really feel for you. No matter how hard I study it, I can never get the hang of all that. I will probably be 60, on the floor, and with a cheat sheet in my pocket on F&E.
At least you still have the other 2 tests to get some ground back. And a B is not bad at all. I'd trade my C for your B any day.
W. :)
yeah, electrolytes are horrid-we have a killer test on them next semester. i think i am going to get the incredibly easy book on that and really learn the stuff once and for all!
i know how it feels to lose an A--just did that myself. lets hope we can get our A's back!
GL! Prisca
Hang in there! I just failed my first test, too! It really sucks, but life does go on and it's a good kick in the butt. It brings us back to reality that nursing school isn't like everything else! Good luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home