Great time!
Remember I said that Saturday's would be mine. No books or school or studying. Friday I attended a conference for a school group in "the only big city in Indiana". My in-laws flew in and my husband picked them up and then picked me up from the meetings, and we went to the Indianapolis 500 Speedway and toured the museum, and rode all around the track in a little bus while getting the tour spiel. I'm not a racing fan, but it was pretty awesome. Then we had a nice dinner in the downtown area (Mexican!!! Ole!!), and checked into our hotel. We got up at the crack 'o dawn and drove to South Bend for the Notre Dame football game. We went really early to see everything on the campus and it was SO beautiful and the church was incredible. I don't think you need to be Catholic to appreciate it, but it's triple cool if you are! End zone seats, but they were in the stadium, and the Irish won! Just a really fun day. When we got home, there was $1400.00 in scholarship money I got for this semester and a letter that said as long as I take 12 hours and maintain a 3.0 GPA, it will be mine next semester too with no strings attached! What a good day!

4 Comments:
Good for You! You deserve days like this one!
Great! Can you use the $ if you move to Texas, or only if you stay in school in Indiana?
I'm going to finish school here no matter what. If the Texas job isn't held until then, we'll just stay here and wait for another one to open up. No way am I starting over in school.
ohhhhhhhhhhh, scholarship money! i am jealous!!!
glad you had a good weekend! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home