Show ebay some love
Can I just say that I love ebay? I mean, really love it. You can find ANYTHING on ebay. I got a certain pattern of plates while married to the low life piece of shit. That was 25 years ago, and lots of them have gotten broken or whatever, and I put the remaining 6 place settings I had left in a box because they were really nice, and expensive, Lenox stoneware, and I just couldn't stand the thought of getting rid of them. I still love the way they look. So cute. Kind of impressionist daisies on an off white plate with a band of blue around the edge. Yellow and blue are my favorite kitchen colors. Anyhoo, the pattern has been discontinued for a million years, and I looked a few years ago at the china replacement places, and they wanted like $150.00 for a place setting! Couldn't go there. I got a wild hair about two weeks ago to look on ebay. SCORE!!! Who would think there was that much of a discontinued dish pattern still around? I went from 6 dinner plates, 6 bread plates, 3 coffee cups/saucers, 2 bowls, and one gravy boat to 12 dinner plates, 12 bread plates, 12 salad plates, 6 cereal bowls (can't find those very easily), 12 desert plates, 10 coffee cups/saucers, and a covered casserole dish, and of course, the gravy boat. All of the extra pieces cost less than $200.00. While I was at it, I bought all of the serving pieces to the formal flatware that goes with my china. Got all of those for practically nothing...just a few dollars apiece. I'm sending out a buncha love to ebay.

1 Comments:
Yep, eBay rocks!! It has long been a favorite for me too!! Congrats on your find!!
Post a Comment
<< Home