The people have spoken
How 'bout those elections! I know this has nothing to do with nursing, but I'm so happy with the results (and fully expect the senate to follow). Now please let the new direction pull their heads out of their asses, and get our citizens OUT OF IRAQ! These men and women need to be home with their families and not being killed by nutballs in some third world country. If I felt that one positive thing had been accomplised by this never ending conflict, I might feel differently, but as a private citizen and a member of this globe, I don't feel one iota safer, or feel this world is one iota safer by invading a backwoods shithole like Iraq. We could be treating every starving infant on the globe with the money we've wasted on the war. We may have been able to eradicate malaria or HIV with that much money. It's been the biggest drain on our country, and any congress that allows the pork that the current seated congress has and the ongoing bleeding of our tax dollars for nothing (see story about congress in last issue of Rolling Stone if you want to be really horrified) needs to go. Where the hell has all the money earmarkded for New Orleans gone? On cheap shitty trailers rotting on a big lot in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. The people have spoken and now the Democrats need to do what they say they're going to. My biggest wish? National Healthcare. We need it so badly and while it isn't ever going to happen with Bush in the White House, if the Dems do a credible job in the next two years, they can keep control and actually elect a Democratic president in 2008, and we may have a chance. Clinton tried, but with a Republican controlled congress, that was a pipe dream. My hopes are looking up!

1 Comments:
It's a beautiful thing...
Post a Comment
<< Home