Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Monday, March 05, 2007

I'm drowning

Clinicals were good last week. I'm taking care of multiple patients now. I'm becoming a legend for my IVs. I'm still at 100% on first stick. I had a 93yo with no veins at all last week, and thought my record would end, but nope, got it. I'm starting to feel kind of nursey like, but the assignments are killing me. I've got a case plan to do, an oral presentation, homework, a test, 100 NCLEX questions, and everything else all within the next week. My midterm evals went great, but we're losing out clinical instructor. The new one seems nice, but I'll miss the original. I was really excited to be in her group, and now she's leaving. I've also got a termination hearing for a CASA case that needs a court report from me by tomorrow, and my kid is having a meltdown, so instead of getting anything done this weekend, I drove to Nashville to try to prop him up for a while. We're doing our service project for Leadership Academy and graduation crap to do for Student Government. I want this over so I can have a normal life again. I feel like my volunteer cases are getting screwed because of school, but I have to prioritize. The director understands, but I still feel guilty. Oh well, I'll get over it.

2 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Wendy, R.N. said...

Hang in there! Semester is half over. I envy your IV prowess. I hope that I improve that skill quickly once I am out there full time.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Prisca: said...

Girl, come show me how to start an IV! I have a 50% stick rate going and IV's are scaring me!

Glad you are doing well!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home