Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Around the world in 8 days.

Boy, the old southern saying "road hard and put up wet" would be apt. The hub and I took off on the 29th and drove 14 hours to Oklahoma to see the in laws and nieces. We had something planned for the entire four days we were there. The big fun thing was going to see someone I'd never heard of. This comediane named Rodney Carrington was playing at a casino, and we took the parents there for part of their Christmas. That guy was seriously funny. Nasty, but really funny. I broke even on blackjack, and got good mexican food, so a great night. In laws got me an 18k gold bracelet in Italy with some matching earings, and a Venetian glass vase, so great gifts. Then, to Texas. Our best friends of many, many years live there, and we got a hotel room in a place with an indoor pool. Their two girls (6 and 8) stayed at the hotel with us and swam a lot. We ate mexican food at least 8 times in 3.5 days, and saw "Night at the Museum" with the girls at the local Imax. It was cute. Went to the science and history museum with the kids. Then took off for a lovely 14 hour drive home. We thought we would be able to veg the next day (yesterday), but the guy who took care of our cats for us asked us over for a big football extravaganza and then we took them out to dinner for a thank you, so no sleep. Today, I had to get ready for school tomorrow, so I'm dead. It was worth it though. We had a great time, and it was the first time since the dogs died that I actually had fun. Now the next year starts. It's all nursing for the next 12 months!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Glad you were able to venture "home" for a short while. The REAL food alone is worth it, huh? I hope your first day back at school goes great. I still have a week, but will be at work most of it ~ no rest for the weary!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Good luck with school. You are going to do great. I start my first day of work tomorrow! Yikes.

I can't imagine sleeping with 6 kitties. When the 3 of them want to sleep with us, we only get a little area of the bed! Loverbunny is up against my leg as I write this. He's so lovable.

Have fun at school!

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun! Hope school went well today and that this year FLIES by! (For both your and my sake-haha.)

MMMMMM, mexican food sounds GOOD!

Prisca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home