Much to be thankful for..........
Happy Thanksgiving!!! There is much to be thankful for this year. My RN program is winding down. Because I'm not continuing the BSN track that I planned, I'll have a six month reprieve from school which excites me beyond all reason. I got the job I wanted. My son is semi OK, my husband is great, and all my babies (kitties and doggies) are the best. I just got a letter three weeks before the end of the semester that I received a $2000.00 scholarship I applied for. I'm doing very, very well in school. Unless ATI is a big fat liar, I'm ready to pass the boards. All in all, a pretty good year. Now if my car will carry me to work and school for one more year, things will be pretty perfect.
I'm pretty sure this is where we are going to stay. I always thought this was just a way stop until I graduated and we could get back to Texas, but we've grown to like it here. I love the hospital here, and my husband likes there being four real seasons (a bit too cold and humid for me). I'm within a very reasonable drive from my son. The bad is that our parents aren't getting any younger and we are a considerable distance from them (especially the in-laws). That means we also don't get to see our nieces and nephews as often as we'd like, nor our best friends and god-children in Texas, but that is the price we have to pay. It is just as affordable here as it is in Fort Worth. You can live in a perfectly nice house here for under $150,000 and a really nice one if you're willing to spend a little more. All in all, the benefits outweigh the negatives, so I think the decision is made. Now...if a great job happened to open up in Texas that my husband is drooling for, all bets are off, but he's already turned down the chance to go back for a lateral move. Yep, I think this is our home town now.
Everyone have a great holiday and take a nap after dinner!

2 Comments:
Hello! I've only been reading your blog for a little while, but I just wanted to say you really motivate me. I'm transferring into a nursing program next year, and although i'm sure that's what i want to do, it's scares the crap out of me. but you make me realize that it's hard, but not impossible.
thank you!
Well, for selfish reasons, I'm sad to read you won't be coming back to Texas. But your reasons sound like good affirmations for staying. You must be SO excited to finish school, work, come home and do things that don't involve grades.
YAY you!
Post a Comment
<< Home