Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Monday, December 31, 2007

Full Panic Mode

The test that will complete this journey is scheduled to be taken on Thursday. This weekend I pulled out the review book just to brush up on things I haven't seen in a while. The list of stuff I don't know is a mile long, and it is unreasonable that I'll learn them in the next three days. I did a practice test and instead of the usual 70-75% right, I scored a 60. I'm going to be in deep shit. Bummer.

4 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jenn Siva said...

NCLEX advice.

You are right the list of things you dont know is a mile long and if you had to know everything on the NCLEX to pass it, then you wouldnt.

But that is not how the NCLEX works. It works much like nursing. YOu will be faced with situations you have never even heard of before, and you will reason and "critically think" your way through them. Nursing is a profession of adapting through thinking. The NCLEX is the same way. Nursing school teaches us basics and how to think.

Think your way through the test. Dont freak because you dont know something. Take the small nugget of knowledge you have about something and make an answer by thinking it through.

The NCLEX is a scary test but not because it is incredibly hard. It is scary because it is a culmination.

You can think, I know you can... now just use that to get your license!!!

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You WILL DO FANTASTIC!

Sending you happy brain waves and love!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

It will be okay. You got through nursing school, you can get through this. Go into this confidently. You have us rooting for you! (((((HUGS)))))

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Prisca: said...

you are going to do really well! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home