I hope this isn't a sign...
Is it a bad sign that the first patient I cared for as a nurse died 12 hours later, especially since I said a quiet prayer that she would? Cancer is a mean, hard, cold, heartless bitch. Godspeed.
I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!
4 Comments:
Merry Christmas...
DSorry about your patient!
Oncology is a hard world, Hoosier. You are an amazing person for being able to do that! Maybe one day I will, but not right now. I wish for you the strength to be able to help all your patients the way your helped your first one. After all, they always told us you never forget your first patient. (((((HUGS)))) to you on this Christmas day!
I think it means you brought peace to a woman, so that she could celebrate Christmas in a place without pain and suffering.
No, it is a sign that she was ready to leave her painful body and you empowered that journey. Your patients are so lucky to have you for their nurse.
Merry Christmas to you and your family, and prayers to the family who lost a loved one.
Post a Comment
<< Home