Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Boards blow.....

I did it. I took my boards today. May I add that I didn't definitively know the answer to more than five questions on the whole damn test? I would get through one "check all that apply" to be greeted with "first priority". Then would come "what would indicate immediate attention to patient who had XYZ" and all of the possible answers were things I didn't have a clue about. Because of Big Brother, and the agreement that I won't share a single horrible question of that test, this is as specific as I intend to get, but know that I guessed my way through the whole thing. I had a ton of med questions (of which at least two were check all that apply) and I suck more at that than anything. Those bullshit study guides didn't help me one bit. The thousands of practice questions I did didn't help me one bit. When I was getting to 60-65 questions, I was praying that I was one of the people who would have to answer everything so that I would at least have the advantage of volume. When that computer shut off at 75 questions, I was numb. If feeling confident in my ability to critically think my way through that is an indicator of whether I passed or not, I'd be seriously leaning toward failure. $250.00 down the drain is all that is running through my head right now along with the dread that I may very well have to go through that again. Shit.

3 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

It will be ok! I had a close friend that just took hers last Friday and felt EXACTLY the same way!! She found out on Sunday that she passed! I'm sure in two days, you'll be posting that you passed! Keep us up-to-date! ((((HUGS))))

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Jenn Siva said...

Try not to think about it until you get your results... you will drive yourself nuts

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Prisca: said...

oh wow--i heard everyone feels this way but man does that suck...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home