Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Ease on down the road............

I'm pretty certain that my husband will be offered a job in Ft. Worth sometime in the coming week. FW is home to us, and we are very, very excited. I'm not going to assume everything, because there are conditions. Since it would be a lateral move, there is a good chance we'll have to pay for the move. We're going to ask for them to pay for it, but the chances are pretty slim. Though we do have some money in savings, moving expenses will be in the thousands of dollars, so there is no way we can buy a house as soon as we get there. We'll have to have staff housing in the short term. I'll have to find a job and get my license in TX. We are not a compact state, so it will take a bit. Though I'm exhausted, I love my job here and will be crushed to have to quit. Renting off the reservation is pretty much out of the question since I have six cats and three dogs. Even though all go to the bathroom in the appropriate places, it's hard to convince a landlord that their house will not be a wreck with this many pets. I've got tired head just thinking about everything, but we will go in a minute as long as there is a place to rest our heads at night. When I think about being in a place where we have decades long friends, godchildren, our long time church, TARGET STORES, Dillards, and Taco Bueno, my heart starts beating a little faster. We'll be 10 hours closer to the in-laws and five hours closer to my family. I need to get a grip, because without a staff house available, we are not going to go. It's really hard to be this close to my dream of going home and accepting that something may go wrong. This will also put me about six hours further from my son than I am now, so no quick trips to Nashville. I'm praying that the right thing happens, and will just go with what is best for my family. Hub is excited too, but he also likes it here, so if things aren't right, we'll just take the savings and buy a house here and settle in for the long haul. There is going to be a lot of anxiety in Casa Hoosier for the next couple of weeks.

3 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

OOOHHH, I'll keep sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! As with everything else, it will work out the way it's supposed to! Texas does tend to grow on a person, doesn't it? Look forward to the updates! :)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

Hoosier, I hope that however it works out you guys are happy and OK. While I would love to know you're 4 hours away from me, helping my fellow Texans get better and stay healthy, your path may take you elsewhere. Good luck to both of you.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Prisca: said...

ahhhhh, Ft Worth!

Hope it all works out and you get back home!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home