Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Sunday, February 03, 2008

The living dead

Yep...my new name is zombie girl. Nights are killing me. I am having a really hard time sleeping enough during the day. I go to sleep quickly, but after 4-5 hours, I'm awake and can't go back to sleep. The curtains in my bedroom are not keeping the room dark enough and we have a ton of windows in there. I'm going to try a sleep mask and if that irritates me, I'll break down and buy new curtains even though I love the ones I have now. I don't feel tired at work since it's go, go, go but when I get home, I feel like I'm dragging my ass all over the place.

That said, I really love my job. I love the patients (some WAY more than others) and I feel lucky to be able to do it. One of the other nurses was saying that she always tells people to think twice before going to nursing school, and I told her she was doing something important and not everyone can do it and that she is a great nurse and if I were as good as she is, I'd be proud of myself every day. I've found that even the complainers are excellent nurses, and their patients get incredible care. I work with a group of very smart women. I guess a few years down the road, they forget how talented they really are. They've been really nice to me though, and I feel like I'm included in the group. That makes work great.

We're off to the Super Bowl party a friend is having. I'll be the only one supporting New England. I hope I don't get lynched when the Pats KICK THEIR ASS!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Good luck tonight! I look forward to hearing how your first solo night goes! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home