Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Friday, June 20, 2008

New home, new job, new life

We're Texans again. I've been walking on a cloud for three weeks. The house is ok, but it's a rental so we aren't too invested in it. It's large enough (maybe a little too large) for two people and is only a few years old so it is in good shape. All the furniture is in it's place and we finally feel like we live here. I still don't understand how we could have increased the size of our home by 500 sq/ft and still have a garage full of stuff. We'll be here for a year until the lease is over and then buy our (hopefully) last house. I have been promised this is the last move we'll make.

On the job front, I was offered the job I wanted about 18 hours after we pulled into Texas. It's still oncology which I love, but it starts on nights which I don't. The reason I chose this over other hospitals is the actual hospital is an easy drive, it's a good hospital, and I'm first in line for the next available day shift. Even though I could have taken a job elsewhere that started on a day shift, I would rather wait a few months in a facility I want to be at than be unhappy on days someplace else. The happiest new was that this floor does not take "dirty" patients (MRSA, VRE). Since the hospital I've been at had the only isolation room, we took them all and that meant if you had one, you got them all since I couldn't care for the immunosuppressed after caring for someone with a communicable infection. I start orientation on Monday, and I'll be on days for a month or so until I get the procedures at this hospital down, then back to nights. This hospital is on paper charting which I've never done, but are in the process of converting to computer charting so I'll have to learn both systems within a couple of weeks. After a three week vacation (pretty piss poor vacation that it's been with moving), I'm ready to get back to work.

5 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

Welcome home, Lone Star Nurse!

Your new job sounds like it's going to be good fit and hopefully you will switch to days soon. I can't wait to hear all about it!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Prisca: said...

congrats on your new home and job! :)

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real money.
It's all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to greet you, ladies and gentlemen!

Sure, you’ve heard about me, because my fame is running in front of me,
my name is Nikolas.
Generally I’m a venturesome gambler. for a long time I’m keen on online-casino and poker.
Not long time ago I started my own blog, where I describe my virtual adventures.
Probably, it will be interesting for you to read my notes.
Please visit my web page . http://allbestcasino.com I’ll be interested on your opinion..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home