Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Why Me?

I'm sitting in my nephews' apartment in Arkansas. This is how far we made it before my husband was hospitalized for an abcess in the muscle of his abdomen where he has an incision scar from the surgery. Before I go into the whole sad story, my nephew said I have to first share how cute his apartment is. Ok, that's done. The hub feels like crap. He hasn't had a temp lower than 101 for days. Today, he was taken in and a drain was put into one of the abcesses and the grossest crap is coming out of him. Really nasty. Tomorrow they lavage the area. The nurse said it was really unpleasant. Then within a couple of days, they should have a culture they can gram stain and find out a good anitbiotic. My hope is that he'll be out by Friday and hopefully we can go home on Monday. The vacation is over, and all I got to do is lose $400 at the casino in Tunica. We did eat at my favorite BBQ place in Memphis, and tour a couple of museums. We saw Graceland on a previous trip, and since we aren't Elvis fans, that was enough of that. The rest will have to go. I'm ready to go home. I'm exhausted, and he is just laying there on good drugs. Obviously I'm being smart. He feels crappy, and I don't think good drugs would be enough to trade places. The other down side is that my in-laws are coming, but what are you going to do. The worst part is, my FIL is my dentist, and now I won't get my free teeth cleaning. Oh well. I'm sleepy.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger hoosier nurse said...

Even in my exhausted state, I got the joke. Mainly because I can barely reason with the man now, but if he had PMS, that would be the end of his life because I'd have to put a pillow over his face. The bacteria was a fairly benign one. Who knows how it happened. Maybe contamination in the OR when he had the bowel ressection. I did see my family for a day before he went in the hospital, and since the lake house is 45 miles from the hospital, I just stayed in the city at my nephews apartment. My mom was a little whiny, but she got over it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home