Haven't flunked out yet
Had my first big nursing test yesterday, and made a 92. This is of course, NOT an A. Not in nursing school land. Who cares? As a guy in the class ahead of me said, C=RN. I have done nothing but read for the last two days, and still didn't get it done. By the time I'd read about 40 pages, I decided to skim and only read what looks important and I STILL didn't get finished. That means I also barely looked at the math. Math......we have a quiz on it every week and we have to do all studying on our own time, and if we don't make at least a 90% on the test, we are OUT OF HERE!! Now, that said, the conversions and dosage calculations really aren't hard at all. I had most of that in chemistry. The problem is the syringes and labels and abrev. are all a foreign language to me and I have to know that too. I still feel like I'm faking everyone out as a competent person, and they're going to find out I'm an idiot and boot me out the door.

1 Comments:
Don't you just hate nursing school's grading scale? Still, that was awesome!
Drug mistakes are the #1 way that nurses cause harm, that is why there must be no mistakes, and they emphasize it so much.
Keep up the great work!
W. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home