Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Why me?

As if my sad dog situation isn't enough, my hard drive fried. Again. For the second time in the space of two months. WTF??? My brother-in-law is a computer specialist. When the 1st hard drive fried (with everything I love on it), the BIL said, "No, don't buy one, I have an extra." Words to live by. When my husband installed the POS, I asked him where BIL got it. He didn't know, and BIL didn't tell him. I told the hub it was clicking like the other one did before it fried, but he said it was probably a fan. Then I read a newspaper article over the weekend that said if the hard drive is clicking, better get things backed up, cause it's dead or dying. I told the husband, and 5 days later, he still hadn't backed anything up, and since I wouldn't have a clue how to do that crap, I sure didn't. Well, death came knocking this evening. I went upstairs because I knew my hub was talking to his brother on his computer, and demanded to know where it came from. Apparently BIL doesn't remember where it came from, it was just in a box at his house. Turd brain didn't know if it was good or bad. Now my whole semester is gone. What a bitch. All of my court forms...GONE. All of my drug cards....GONE. All of my study guides....GONE. Shit. I need sugar, and I need it now. Since this is medicinal sugar, and not recreational sugar, I'm going to have to go out in the rain to get it. Shit.

3 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Marisapan said...

Oh. My. Goddess. You have my utmost symapthy. I too lost everything last year off my hard drive. I still have the old one, looking pathetic in the ziplock bag. I still haven't learned how to back up, unless you are talking about shopping carts and the narrow isles at Goodwill.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Prisca: said...

that totally sucks! ;( i have lost so much stuff on my PC--i am thinking of getting a MAC when this one dies...should be any day now!

thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Fancy Dirt said...

I feel your pain! Seems we are a sisterhood of fried drives here.

I didn't think about burning my stuff to cd's because none of it seemed worthy of wasting a cd until it was gone. Darned, stupid thrifty gene!

I am very happy that my blog is saved on the internet because it would be toast now if it was only on my computer. I can see now, why some people have blogs for their family pictures, because the ones on my former computer are gone.

I think medicinal sugar should help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home