Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sometimes, I brake for a real life

Had a great Saturday. It was my husband's birthday, so we took off about 7:30am and went to some friends house. Their whole neighborhood has a bazillion yard sales, so we spent half the day there. I got a really nice drug book (2003, so not too old) for $.50. I like it a lot better than Mosebys. I got some other books and candles and bakeware. Then we went out to lunch with the friends. We then went to the mall so that my husband could buy video games and I got a new purse. I found the cutest messenger bag at Macy's. Carting bags with equipment, and a loaded backpack made it very hard to hold handles of a purse too, so now I can consolidate most of the equipment and purse stuff, and just sling it over my body which leaves my hands free. I love it! We bought gooey cookies and greasy hamburgers and had a junk food feast when we got home. My hub played his video games and I watched my tivo'd shows, and didn't even look at nursing stuff. I have a ton of stuff to do for school, and the next two days to do it, but I've made a vow that Saturdays belong to me. It really gives me something to look forward to when I feel overwhelmed.

5 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Jenn Siva said...

I have prentice hall on my palm pilot it is a life saver, I carry it on every clinical with me.

And I am glad you "broke for real life" somethign we all need to remember to do.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Glad you had a good brake!! We all need to do that. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with so much to do.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we all need a day off now and then...

Take care!
Prisca

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

I took a night out to watch my Tivo stuff too!! I did last night. I caught up on Lost, Heroes, Jericho, and My Name is Earl. I loved feeling so lazy. It was nice.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

Happy Belated birthday!

I love garage-saling too, although not as much now that I've converted to the Clean Your Clutter with Feng Shui movement.

I like your Saturday blackout day idea. You'll be the sane one at the end of the semester.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home