Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Friday, September 15, 2006

Fooled again

Well, I've managed to fake out the instructors another week. I'm still clueless and don't understand a damn thing. An instructor today was lecturing on various drugs, and all I heard was blah, blah, blah. BUT, I did get my highlighting done, so maybe I'll do well on the test. I got an 88 on the first one without having a clue, so who knows. Surely some of this is soaking in someplace.

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Pharmacology was my best class. I have always been best at medications. The key is to remember the classifications, and the rest will fall into place.

I am sure you are learning more than you realize!!! Good luck and great job on your first test!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger JennaRN2008 said...

Maybe that will bode well for my pharm test monday... sooo much information, so little time.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Wendy, R.N. said...

Knowing the classifications is key. I agree with Mandy.

All drugs under a certain classification work essentially the same way. So if you know what to expect with the classification, you know what to expect with the drug, regardless of the name brand.

And knowing things like ACE inhibitors all end in APRIL and beta-blockers end in OLOL help remember differnent drug names.

Memory Notebook of Pharmacology is a good book.

W. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home