Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Smiley face

I've been sick worrying about my pharm test. I made an 88 on the first one, and felt way less prepared for this one since it was extensively over the CNS drugs, but I made a 92!!! Happy, happy, joy, joy (thank you Ren and Stimpy)!! Another solid B effort in a nursing class. I've been an A student for so long, it's really hard for me to get over that I'm not one anymore. Talking with fellow students, I asked how many are waking up 3-4 times a night terrified that the alarm isn't going to go off and we'll oversleep. I was amazed that a ton of others are doing it too. Back to the grind, I've got a 10 chapter test in my regular Nursing class on Tuesday, and I haven't even started the study guide yet. No rest for the weary (or is it wicked? I qualify on both counts probably).

4 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Prisca: said...

Yeah, I do the same thing with my alarm--ok, make that my *2* alarms! Yes, I have two alarms set and trust neither one!

Congrats on the 92! WOW!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Jenn Siva said...

Congrats! CNS drugs are so confusing... sympathetic, parasympatheic, anticonvulsants... oh and all the psych drugs.. yow!

Yesterday the phone rang at 7:30 and I woke up scared shitless (I didnt have to be up until 8) because I thought I had stood up my carpool and she was calling to tell me I am late. Nursing school make you jumpy that is for sure.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

LOL to the alarm clocks! How many days do I wake up almost sick that I've overslept!

Congrats on the pharm test! Those drugs can all get so jumbled together after awhile.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

I set my alarm clock and the alarm on my cell phone on nights before Clinicals.

This summer when I was in the ER for diarrhea/dehydration, I dozed off while bag 2 was dripping and the Zofran had hit me. The doctor walked in my room at 0730, I jumped up, IV tubes flailing, and was convinced I had fallen asleep somewhere in the hospital on a clinical day. So, so stressful.

Congratulations on the tests!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home