Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Monday, April 09, 2007

Rant O Rama

I take my final on the 4th of May. That is less than 4 weeks away. I will be enrolled full time in summer school. This isn't voluntary. I have to have student loans. I've applied for student loans. My program still has not enrolled us for summer school, so my loans are being denied, since I'm not enrolled. What kind of shit is that? 3/4 of my class receive financial aid, and we'll all in the same boat. When asked why this is happening, we get a bunch of crap answers. How hard would it be to just enroll us? They don't even have to tell us what we're taking or what hours. Heaven knows they've never had a problem putting TBA in the past on our classes. That would take care of all of these problems, but NOOOOOO. Just too inconvenient for them regardless of the hardships it is going to place on the students. I'm in the minority that I don't have to work, or have small children at home. Others are having to make child care arrangements and job schedules, and they won't give us a hint as to when we'll find out where we're going to be. That's bullshit. They keep whining they have to hire staff. Who's problem is that? It won't affect us. They have X number of students for X number of clinical spots. They don't have to announce who the instructors are. Just enroll us. I know there are more students than spots so I suppose that makes them feel we'll suck up whatever they dish out (and they are right...we will), but cut us some slack. This is ridiculous. Rant over.

Spring break was really fun. My two nephews came up and we went to "only big city in Indiana" and stayed downtown and spent a few days there. I made sure we had stuff to do morning, noon, and night. They really had fun. Plus, if anyone wants to laugh their heads off, go see "Blades of Glory". Yes, it's stupid, but so funny. Really, really, really funny.

4 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Jenn Siva said...

Is all I can say is that I very dearly and closely feel your exact pain and have felt it for the last 6 semesters.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Dupa Jasia said...

One never may be sure aricept of himself.. Oh, dear, said Buller, I guess I'll have to cipro dive for them; if he were to run away, we should be in an awful fix.. I call this particular valium condition Repression...

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Oh my goodness, that is just brutal. I know that the politics of school really suck! I'll be soooo happy when I don't have to worry about this (aka December 14, 2007!!) I hope they figure out this mess soon. Hang in there!!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Our nursing school used to pull that crap too. I think its a tactic -- treat them all as much like crap as possible and weed out some.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home