Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

I've got to get a grip

I know I've mentioned my volunteer work. I'm a child advocate through the CASA program. We are court appointed advocates representing the children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect. National laws now dictate that all children have an advocate. The problem is, there aren't nearly enough volunteer to do the job. Larger cities have board, and donations, and fund raisers, and full time volunteer recruiters. Here in small area USA, nada. We've begun in earnest trying to get volunteers by using the media to get word out of the need. Today, one of the local networks asked if I'd agree to an interview. I told them sure and asked when. They said in about 30 minutes and I about shit. It's 11:00 in the morning, and I have on the same dirty shorts from the day before and the t shirt I slept in, no makeup (like I ever put it on anymore), and obviously no shower and a filthy floor. My husband had to vacuum really quickly and I had to slap on some jeans and mascara and let it go like that. I am so gross and lazy. I've never in my life had to worry when someone came over. I've always made it a point to have at least a clean living room and guest bathroom. My kitchen is always clean, but now the rest is dirty. It's usually picked up, but I'll bet my husband had to empty the vacuum 2x. No one with as many animals living in their house as I do can go as long as I did without vacuuming. I've got to get a grip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home