Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Friday, June 23, 2006

We're home

Well, a week and a half early, we're home. Hub still has a drain sticking out of his side, and gross crap coming out of it, but he's stable. He really wanted to get out of the hospital and come home, and since the surgeon treating him in Little Rock was going out of town, he made arrangements for the surgeon here to continue to treat him. We left the hopital on Wednesday night and stayed at the same hotel as his parents, so he got to visit with them. We left yesterday morning and got here about 7:30 last night. It was a long drive, and we were both exhausted. He saw the surgeon this morning, and he's doing well. He should get the drain out next week. He's just basically on drugs and laying around. Good times.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger hoosier nurse said...

I didn't even get a free toothbrush, though I did get a necklace made from Vention glass they picked up in Italy. I'd rather have my teeth cleaned. I'm not much of a jewlery wearer and most of the time can't remember my wedding ring. Classes start the second week of August. I'm going to fly to Texas sometime in July for a week to at least see some friends and my godchildren. Chris is SOL. He doesn't have vacation again until this fall.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

That blows. I am so sorry for both of you. I know your first concern must be for him, but deep down you're mourning losing something you looked foward to and that motivated you for a whole semester. I wish him a speedy recovery and that they find the right abx to kick this infection out the door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home