Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Monday, June 26, 2006

SNAFU

I got a copy of my detailed schedule for next semester, and I have no classes on Monday, on campus for 4 hours on Tuesday, Wednesday shows me for two 8 hour clinicals at the same time, no classes on Thursday, and a two hour pharmacology on Friday. What's wrong with this picture? Everyone else I know has something scheduled 5 days a week, and either M-W clinicals, or T-TR. I left a message with the department clerk that a mistake has been made, and would she fix it. I wonder how long this is going to take? I really need to take Spanish, but my heart just isn't in it. I could still get Spanish 1 over by the fall semster, but my will is gone. I know I can't graduate without a foreign language, and it's the only non nursing class I have left to take, but I just can't. I really can't. I'm going to do it online. I don't graduate until December of next year, so I have tons of time, and maybe when I'm back in the school mode, I'll be more motivated. Seriously. I'm also pissed that I haven't heard back about any of the scholarships I've applied for, and the financial aid office keeps saying they are going to convert to online apps instead of paper, and to keep checking back. It looks like I'm going to be in deeper debt with student loans again. I'm going into a field with critical shortages, and have a 3.9 GPA, and I still don't have any scholarships or grants. How retarded is that? Since I live in a small town, even though it has a large university, the hospitals here don't offer any scholarships for students who agree to work there for a time after graduation like all of the larger cities have. The Indiana Nursing Scholarship says you have to show financial need, and I'll never qualify. Anybody have any suggestions? Every low income person in school is getting everything paid, plus buying a car with the left over money, and I can't find anyone to help me pay for a damn book!

1 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Marisapan said...

I feel your pain! I too have been in your situation. At one point, two semesters ago, my pell grant disappeared and they wiped my whole schedule clean. I was in the nursing program but registered for nada. I just kept going to classes and waited a week or so for the university wide chaos to wind down a little. It made the lines a little shorter when I had to go stand in them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home