Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Postscript on being a bad Catholic

Anyone who read my post about lying to the nice old lady at church, and the fact that I "forgot" to do a required confession when I was confirmed should know I got totally busted today. My husband and I do some classes on baptism and a lady who also instructs was talking about the sacraments. For non Catholics, these are the big things. Life changing things, ie baptism, communion, marriage, holy vows, reconcilliation (confession), confirmation, and annointing the sick. She was asking about experiences we had with confession, and I had to confess I'd never done it. Even my husband did it once. She was horrified and pointed out it was a requirement, and we'd have to do something about it. I told her no way, God already knows my bad stuff, and between us, he forgave me, so no way. She decided since I'd not commited any mortal sins, maybe I could slide. Anyway, if we still believed in purgatory, I'd be there for a few more years. Thank God Pope Pious decided we didn't have to go. That's why you just have to love the Catholic church. Something new every 5-6 centuries. Keeps you hopping!

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

Isn't that what blogs are for - confessions?

Works for me.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Hang three bags of IV fluid, one IM injection, empty a bedpan and you will be forgiven for your sins my dear. (I wish it worked that way, cause I'd have a positive credit for my sins)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home