Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Shining spot of good news

Oh I forgot, even with my shitty vacation, something good came of it. My in-laws felt so badly that we didn't get squat, they are flying us home in about 3 weeks to visit and have dental work. I'm so excited I didn't even tell them I already got my teeth cleaned. They did a shitty job anyway, and their hygentist (sp?) is tons better. We'll stay for a few days and fly home in time for school to start, and since my husband needs a crown, they'll fly him back on his days off a couple of weeks later to put the permanent crown on. PLUS, they file our insurance for us and give us the money back! My husbands bad teeth are a money maker for us!

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Marisapan said...

On your vacation, is there any way you could come join me at BlogHer in San Jose, CA? I would love to meet you!

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger hoosier nurse said...

I would also, and I think the convention I read about would be a good time, if for nothing else than people kvetching value, but Oklahoma City is where the in-laws live. Not a huge party destination, but my sister lives there too, so it isn't just all good times at the dentist.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Too Fat 4 Ponies said...

We should collaborate on the creative ways student nurses fund their education. Dental insurance is the most creative... love your post!

Gotcha linked.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger hoosier nurse said...

Unfortunately, my husband doesn't have enough teeth to pay for nursing school and since the federal and state government have deemed me not financially worthy, I'm having to go into deep loan debt to pay for school. Don't think I'm not bitter as hell about it either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home