Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

This explains my fat ass

When I decided I was going to be a nurse, I also decided the smoking had to go. It's pretty hard to reconcile the healthgiver part with the death wish part, so one of them had to say bye-bye. Now, I'm not saying it for sure happened this way, but there was an article in the paper today that said it has been discovered that rather than 5-10 lbs of weight gain, people who quit smoking actually gain more like 20 lbs. This is such a relief to me since I was afraid it was the shoving food down my face and not exercising that was causing it.

4 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, Blogger kimberly said...

So, I think it is a prereq for a SN to graduate with 20lbs on her.I am attempting to fight it, now less than 1 year from the finish line. I joined Nutrisystem, and at least I must conform to the food intake. My worst things are: "OK, time to study, now, what ELSE can I do instead of study...aaah, yes, let's snack a little." Baad. No study + fatter a** makes for an unhappy girrrrrrl! BTW, have lost 10lbs so far...kimberly, rnforyourlife.blogspot.com

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Austin of Sundrip said...

Ah, a fellow Hoosier! So you are aware that you might end up gaining that twenty pounds since we've become a police state and can't smoke anywhere anymore. Fewer cigs, more food = more weight.

On the IUPUI campus they give a ticket for $15 if you're caught smoking. And you know, there were students hididng behind poles smoking cigs. It felt like we were doing drugs or something and looking out for the cops so we didnt get caught. It's crazy!!!

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home