Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Pretty perfect

If boring and pedestrian days are not too interesting, then leave now before you die of boredom, BUT it must be noted that today was pretty close to perfect and they don't happen all of the time, and should be noted. It's a lot more fun to bitch and rant (I could talk about the fit I threw in the financial aid office, but that was yesterday and it wasn't perfect). No cat bit me too early, so I was able to sleep in until 8:00!! The dogs willingly went out in the back yard, and I had a full hour to read papers and drink coffee before my husband got up. I love to curl up on the couch with a snuggly kitty and drink my coffee and read newspapers all by myself. The day was beautiful and warm and not humid, and we went out and let the dogs out to wander around the flowers with us while we worked in the garden. My husband wanted to play internet games, and I went to my sons' apartment and hung out with him for a while. We went to Panera Bread for pannini sandwiches (the roast chicken, my favorite), and talked and bought asiago cheese bread to bring home. I dropped him off at work and came home and Hub was already getting ready for church. We're those cheating Catholics who go on Saturday. In my defense, I'll go in the morning too with my son, but since Hub works on Sunday, we go to the Saturday afternoon mass. We then went to a little microbrewery for dinner. We tried out three new beers, and I ate a veggie burger and cottage cheese, and we split a piece of chocolate cake with truffle filling, and came home. Hubs is going back to work tomorrow, so he went to bed early. I then went outside and watched the fireworks they were shooting off at the fairgrounds. They were beautiful. Just about a perfect day, and I feel grateful for my life right now.

1 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Marisapan said...

Sounds like heaven! I could REALLY use a day like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home