My Rant Day!
We are only three days into class and I'm already in too deep. I've been invited to the Student Leadership Academy which I accepted. Then I was asked if I'll rep the Nursing Program in the Student Government Association and, of course, I said yes. This is on top of the volunteer work I do. WHY CAN'T I EVER SAY NO????? I hate to do it, but I'm going to have to back out on a new advocate case I just took on. It's going to be way complicated and there is no way I'll have that kind of time. Now I'm covered in guilt as well. As if my time is not consumed enough, I got my clinical assignment today, and it's going to be at a hospital 30 miles away. Oh, and for good measure, my computer died today and I'm taking an online class that requires I use Microsoft Office which is, of course, installed on my computer and not my husbands. I don't even need this stupid class, but I had to have the hours to qualify for the scholarships that I probably won't get. Please let my geek husband know how to fix this since he's going to have to take the class for me since there is no way I'll have the time, so I'm a cheater too. Nice.

4 Comments:
You should take lessons from me. My favorite word is "no"!! Sounds like you are swamped! Just take a few deep breaths, pet a kitty....
Just say "No". Follwow it up with "I'm so sorry, but I'm pretty overwhelmed right now, and I just wouldn't be able to do it justice" Or something like that. I pay someone to clean my house, even if it means I have to scrimp or go without somewhere else. That provides me with a certain piece of mind that makes me feel less swamped.
Well, I have a story for you..... On my way home from school today, the two cars in front of me whizzed by this blob on the road. I thought it was a dead cat, but then I realized it was a kitten that was still alive.... So I pulled over and ran in the middle of the road. It was bleeding from its mouth and nose. I loaded it up in my car and off I went... the closest vet was 20 min away... I drove like a nut... Got the kitty there, and it broke my heart because it was trying to purr. I was sure it wasn't going to make it.... The vet just called. It is alive -- hurting, and on painkillers, but alive. So, I guess I have five cats now?
I love that Chris is going to take the class for you! HA! LOVE IT.
Have I told you that I'm the happies homosexual in the world lately? Oh, and Darren killed a scorpian in my bathroom this morning. A SCORPIAN! We're moving delta to his house this afternoon b/c I'm not spending another night in that apartment
Post a Comment
<< Home