Those who don't play well with others
Since Monday is the day of reality (classes start), our study group is getting together to figure out a time that is convenient for everyone. The concern is one of the brightest in our group. Obviously, we are all good students. This degree program is so competative, that you'd better have an awesome GPA before applying, so no stupids are here. The problem with "big brain" is that she can't accept any mistakes. If she is graded one point off, she'll argue until she is blue in the face over some obscure little fact she feels wasn't worded right on the exam, which would explain why she answered it wrong. She just doesn't get that sometime things aren't in your face right, and that nursing isn't always as obvious as she believes. On the one hand, I've never seen anyone so prepared for tests. She will devour and memorize everything in her path and I'd love to have her helping with the group. On the other hand, I don't want the instuctors to paint me or the others with her argumentative attitude, because we aren't like that. I think I'll continue to study with her, but I don't think I'd want to work with her.
LATER IN THE DAY: all of the above is forgotten, because I'm in heaven. I went to a visitation for advocate stuff, and came home starving. I stopped at Panera Bread and they had some prime, fresh, soft, chewy bread that I've just used to make a very rare roast beef sandwich with horseradish and provolone cheese. I could not be in a better mood!

4 Comments:
We have a group project to complete before class starts next week, and we haven't heard from a few people in the group. I don't want any holes in the package we have to present, but I also don't want to have to do their portion of the work, but I also want a good grade on this...ughhhhhh.
Group dynamics can be so challenging sometimes, and so rewarding at others.
Welcome back to the grind! I'll be joining you on the 30th. Until then, I am alternately cleaning/ organizing and lounging/pleasure reading.
How was your first day of class? Mine was overwhelming. I am supposed to graduate in December, and thinking about everything happening between now and then makes me want to puke.
Group projects. Could there be anything worse?
I headed up a group project before the end of summer session. It involved the token slacker emailing me her portion 2230 hrs the night before it was due.
To borrow from Jack... ugh!
Glad to hear your day got better.
I have become very selective as a result.
Too Fat, SN
My first day was fine. Just the new semester stuff. Mandy, I didn't realize that you were on the graduation cusp! Good for you...I am in total envy because I am sick of school, and if I didn't love the nursing part so much, I'd have to ponder my insanity for doing this.
Post a Comment
<< Home