Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Oh bother!

Now isn't my day going well? We are scheduled to fly out of Indianapolis tonight at 6:00. I thought it was a good time for us to go since we won't have to rush. Now those dickheads with Al-Quaida have messed my plans up and I'm taking it personally. I can't take shampoo, hair spray, liquid makeup, cologne, Mitchum gel antiperspirant, toothpaste, or moisturizer. My husband can't take after shave, cologne, shaving cream, or toothpaste. That means we'll have to buy all of that stuff when we get there, and then throw it away before we leave. Plus, we'll have to leave way early and sit around in the airport for 2-3 hours extra. Normally we'd bring a portable DVD player and kill the time watching movies, but that will just delay us more if we have electronics in our carry-on. I have a hard time concentrating on a book with all of the chaos going on in the airport, but I guess I'll just have to suck it up. Don't get me wrong...I'd rather deal with this than get blown up, but it's still inconvenient as hell. I don't do well standing in lines. Now they are suggesting we check our luggage. For a three day quick trip? I don't think so. Shit.

3 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Wendy, R.N. said...

You just can't carry it on. You can check it in, though.

W. :)

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

Hope you have a good trip. I do crossword puzzles to occupy time because I also cannot read. I suddenly get serious ADD in airports.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

Thanks for your sweet comment. I am having a bad day today, as I can't find one of my outdoor babies. Haven't seen him since last night. I hope he is being naughty and taking a long hunting trip, but it's not like him to miss a meal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home