Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

To PDA or not to PDA

Ok, my techno geek husband thinks I won't be able to finish nursing school without a PDA (I think that is what he called it..you know...Palm Pilot things). I'm appealing to my fellow inmates to let me know if it's worth it. He keeps telling me about all of the great software I can download and then I won't have to have 27 little notebooks and cheat sheets with me all of the time. Do any of you use one? Do you like it? What software do you use? It's a lot of money to spend on something that is user unfriendly and won't do me much good.

6 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger kimberly said...

YES. PDA gooooood.

I have a Tungsten T5 to organize my entire life. Have a keyboard, bluetooth.

Skyscape software I get to keep. NOT PEPID. susbscription is a temporary thing.

PS: have a Tungsten E3 FS, if you like, email me if you are interested...

Kimberly
rnforyourlife.blogspot.com

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am an associate professor of respiratory care and have been using a Tungsten E PDA for over a year now. I subscribed to PEPID for Physicians and its wonderful. My wife is starting her second year nursing school after having been a respiratory therapist for 25 years and I ahve been trying to get her to buy a PDA and get the PEPID for Nurses. You need to go to PEPID's home page and see what's available.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger JennaRN2008 said...

I have a T5 also, newly stocked with Pepid Student RN Suite and Taber's Medical Dictionary, and *WOW* do I love it. I can leave all the big heavy stuff at home!!

I like Pepid because it updates the information too, so you stay current. It's about the same as buying a new edition of another book or something each year.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Marisapan said...

My professors have been singing the praises of PDA ownership for the last two semesters. Will probably cave soon, but I too am wary. One of my favorite teachers is partial to a deal offered by Lippincott.
http://www.lww.com/browsemediaspec/PDA/0,0,42,00.html

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a PDA too--looking at a Tungsten for my b-day! Wish I had one now...

Prisca ;)
http://nursesomeday.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Too Fat 4 Ponies said...

I'm getting the Tungsten E2 (made by palm). A fellow student has one and I was able to give it a test drive last week. Palm improved it over the Tungsten E by giving it longer battery power.

Epocrates is the software I'll be running on it for clinical.

Hope that helps.

Too Fat, SN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home