All about me, me, me and that's wrong, wrong, wrong
I'm feeliing pretty ashamed today. If anyone reads NurseBetty (cand), you know that on Tuesday morning, 30 minutes before leaving for class, her husband of 14 years told her he wants a divorce. My shame is that the minute I read it, after feeling like throwing up for a second, I let my own past experience gain the upper hand, and started advising. In my defense, since in the distant past, I had a similar experience, I wanted her to know the things I learned, and that I learned them by doing things wrong and paying dearly for it later. Later, when my life was a little more settled, I was pissed at myself for sitting around doing nothing waiting for all of this to just go away. It didn't go away, and eventually, I dealt with it. That will come to her if this doesn't resolve, but she doesn't need to hear that right now, and I gave it to her anyway. Betty, I am so sorry. I've thought about you so much for the last 24 hours, and you might just feel like grieving right now. Ignore what I wrote. If you want to cry and vent, then do that. You should and deserve to. You've been treated terribly, and have a perfect right to focus on that right now. You do whatever feels right to you and know that regardless, there are a bazillion people keeping you and your children in our thoughts. If and when the time comes, anything you need, just ask.
Ok, that said....my husband said my full time job is to do well in school. Studying is my career right now. If that is true, I would so be fired. If I got hired to study for 8 hours a day, I'd be the worst employee in the world. Does anyone find this as dry and boring as I do?

1 Comments:
Oh, oh, I do! I do.
I have one lousy chapter to read on burns. I have been reading it a little bit at a time, and still discovered, to my dismay, that I have 11 pages to go after a week of reading. How will I ever get ahead if I am barely keeping up.
W. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home