Hoosier Nurse

I am actually not the oldest student nurse in the world, I'm a real life registered nurse!!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Covering my ass

I've deleted a ton of blogs because even though I have been very, very careful to not identify my school or hometown, I'm nervous that someone will be lurking and put two and two together. I also would be crushed if anyone recognized anything about any of my patients. I really believe that everyone has a right to privacy, and I've decided to not say anything about my patients that would possibly identify them. Obviously, school (though not the name of it) is fair game.

I passed my first OB test with an 82. I can't remember the last time I made an 82 on a test. I just felt sick. That's a C!!!! I've really tried to let go of the grade obsession, but a C? Please... I've got to hit the books a lot harder than I have been. Redeemed myself somewhat with a 90 in Peds.

Next...is circumcision the grossest thing or what. I watched a poor baby get the knife without a local. When the doctor was done, that baby looked like he'd been boiled alive, he turned so red from crying. Then the doctor tries to sell us that the sugar water on the pacifier soothes them, and it doesn't bother them a bit. Bullshit. I wanted to call my son and apologize to him for letting someone do that to him. I don't think the nursery is for me. I loved NICU, but the nursery seemed kind of boring. The babies are cute, but not much to do. Most of the time, it was pretty empty since the babies are with their moms. Nope, not for me.

4 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know where you are coming from on not wanting people to figure out who a patient is. A lot of people in my hometown, which is small, have found out I blog, and I'm afraid it's just too small a world...

It's ok for your C... it's ok. You didn't fail and you will certainly do great on the next one!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Sorry about the grade on that test!! Try not to obsess about it. I'm sure you'll be giving me the same lecture here in a couple of months! It'll all click and be good soon. Too bad you aren't back in TX because an 82 would be a B!

I hear you loud and clear on the circumcision issue! It was an awful procedure to watch! Hope the rest of your rotation goes smoothly.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

Don't sweat the test grade. I know, I know, easier said than done. You'll get things back into your groove soon.

I 'cleaned house' myself. Yikes.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Prisca: said...

I know-I've changed lots of my blog stories so as not to ID anyone and I STILL worry. I feel like I am writing fiction half the time.

Sorry 'bout the C--I have been there so I know how ya feel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home