Week ended up on a positive note
Well, for the week of hell, it turned out OK. I think my papers on Preeclampsia and Childhood Obesity were a work of art. Done in APA format, and put in their own lovely folders, I was proud to hand them in. I made an A on both Peds and OB tests, and the oral presentation went smoothly. I knew the answers to all of the post questions, so that is done. The homework got done and the clinicals are finished for the week. I've still got a few things to do for my care plan due on Tuesday, but most of that is done too. I've got to take the ATI tests on Monday, but I'm not worried about that. I'm not doing a damn thing today. We're going to a Texas Hold 'Em party tonight and drinking beer and eating bad food. I already went to the gym and sweated my ass off (still plenty of ass to go around though).
Well, I guess I'm not one more dog or cat away from divorce, because we now have a new dog to hang with the other two. Her name is Ti, and she used to be my son's dog. She is a small terrier mix who is as cute as a button. She has a really bad ear that gets infected a lot. To control it takes a lot of medicine and a lot of care, both at the vet and at home. Son loves her to death, and has had her for two years, but it has come to the point where he can't afford the vet bills and the medicine. He called and though he was crushed, he finally did what was best for her and asked us if we would take her. I asked husband what he thought, and he said to go ahead and get her and bring her home. I got her fixed up at the vet and tidied up at the groomer and she just fits in this house like a glove. The other dogs love her to pieces, and she doesn't bother the cats at all. The sad part is that whenever she has been here, we had Yoda and Sammy. She hasn't been here since they were put to sleep. She ran in the house looking for them, and when she got upstairs, she just stopped and looked at me all confused because she did not know the dogs that were in their crates. She whined for a minute and then went to meet them. It made me cry over my babies again for the first time in months. This has been a pretty good week.

1 Comments:
It sounds like Ti found the right place, and your other four-legged family members must be loving it too.
Congrats on getting those papers buttoned up and turned in. I have such a mental block with APA - I don't know what my problem is.
Yay for weeks ending up an upbeat note, for workouts and for parties. Thanks for your sending your positive vibes this way earlier in the week.
((Hugs))
Post a Comment
<< Home